top of page
Solar Panels on Rooftop

Solar Panel Grants Vale of Glamorgan

Install Solar Panel Grants In Your Home Using a Government Grant

Installing Solar Panels




Installing Solar Panel




Solar Panels Technician




What are solar panel grants?

Solar panel grants are available to homeowners and landlord under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme, making it easier for households to switch to renewable energy. The grants can cover the majority of the cost of a solar panel system, as well as minor upgrades such as insulation and boiler improvements.


These grants are only available in certain areas and eligibility is dependent on income level and property type. Landlords must prove that they have permission from their tenants and vice versa if tenants want to upgrade. Homeowners must prove they own the house via land registry records. 


For more information on solar panel grants and to check your eligibility, contact your local energy company or go online to research the ECO scheme. You may also be able to receive government incentives for installing renewable energy sources such as solar panels – so it’s worth looking into these too! 

Who qualifies for a solar panel grant in Vale of Glamorgan?

Under ECO4 the solar panel grant scheme is available to home owners, tenants and landlords looking to reduce their energy bills and improve their properties energy performance rating. 

In order to qualify for a solar panel grant in the Vale of Glamorgan there are a number of criteria that must be met before receiving the funding. You will need to be receiving a form of income based government benefit and have a household income that does not exceed a threshold if you are in receipt of child benefit. 


ECO4 is available to:

  • Homeowners, landlords and private tenants

  • Households with inefficient electric heating 

  • Households receiving income related benefits

Qualifying benefits under the ECO4 scheme are as follows: 

  • Child tax credit 

  • Income support

  • Income based jobseekers allowance 

  • Income related employment and support allowance 

  • Pension credit guarantee 

  • Universal credit 

  • Working tax credit 

  • Child benefit*

 *If you claim child benefit and this is the only benefit you receive. The threshold amounts are set below:

  • A single adult with 1 child: £19,900

  • A single adult with 2 children: £24,800

  • A single adult with 3 children: £29,600

  • A single adult with 4 or more children: £34,500

  • Couple with 1 child: £27,500

  • Couple with 2 children: £32,300

  • Couple with 3 children: £37,200

  • Couple with 4 or more children: £42,000

bottom of page