top of page
Solar Panels on Rooftop

Solar Panel Grants Flintshire

Install Solar Panel Grants In Your Home Using a Government Grant

Installing Solar Panels




Installing Solar Panel




Solar Panels Technician




What are solar panel grants?

Solar panel grants under the ECO scheme are  available to help homeowners install solar panels on their property. To be eligible, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate rating of C or better. Solar panel grants are also available for landlords who own certain rental properties. The scheme allows you to save money on the installation and running costs of solar panels and is designed to help reduce your energy bills, as well as your carbon footprint.


For more information about the ECO scheme and to find out if you are eligible for a solar panel grant, please read below as we cover in depth how you can qualify. 

Solar panel grants do not need to be repaid and are paid directly to the installer. The amount of money you can receive depends on the type of solar panel installation you choose, as well as your property's Energy Performance Certificate rating.

Who qualifies for a solar panel grant in Flintshire?

Under ECO4 the solar panel grant scheme is available to home owners, tenants and landlords looking to reduce their energy bills and improve their properties energy performance rating. 

In order to qualify for a solar panel grant in Flintshire there are a number of criteria that must be met before receiving the funding. You will need to be receiving a form of income based government benefit and have a household income that does not exceed a threshold if you are in receipt of child benefit. 


ECO4 is available to:

  • Homeowners, landlords and private tenants

  • Households with inefficient electric heating 

  • Households receiving income related benefits

Qualifying benefits under the ECO4 scheme are as follows: 

  • Child tax credit 

  • Income support

  • Income based jobseekers allowance 

  • Income related employment and support allowance 

  • Pension credit guarantee 

  • Universal credit 

  • Working tax credit 

  • Child benefit*

 *If you claim child benefit and this is the only benefit you receive. The threshold amounts are set below:

  • A single adult with 1 child: £19,900

  • A single adult with 2 children: £24,800

  • A single adult with 3 children: £29,600

  • A single adult with 4 or more children: £34,500

  • Couple with 1 child: £27,500

  • Couple with 2 children: £32,300

  • Couple with 3 children: £37,200

  • Couple with 4 or more children: £42,000

bottom of page