Energy Efficiency Grants in Wrexham
If you’re a homeowner in Wrexham and you’re struggling to afford to heat your home, help could be available through ECO4 energy saving grants. Energy costs seem to be constantly on the rise and so it's good to know that help may be on hand to improve your comfort and reduce your energy costs. Read on to discover whether you could be eligible and how to secure energy efficiency grants in Wrexham.
How ECO4 Energy Saving Grants Work
The ECO4 scheme is designed to tackle fuel poverty while also combatting climate change. It involves energy companies taking charge of improving energy efficiency in UK homes. They choose who to partner with and then funding is allocated directly to installers to carry out the improvements.
ECO4 began on April 1, 2022, and runs until March 31, 2026, or until funding is exhausted, whichever comes first. The scheme primarily targets homes with low energy efficiency, especially those with energy ratings of D to G. The program includes a wide selection of enhancements, including loft and wall insulation, central heating, renewable heating systems and connection to the gas supply.
Energy-Saving Improvements Available in Wrexham
Wrexham residents have access to a range of energy improvements, including:
● Electric Storage Heaters: High heat retention storage heaters utilise cheap off-peak electricity to charge overnight and the heaters then release the heat slowly throughout the day. Storage heaters can be a much more energy efficient and cost effective way of heating a property as opposed to electric convector heaters.
● External Wall Insulation – EWI involves installing insulation boards on the outside walls of the property and rendering over the top. EWI is a great way of insulating a solid wall property. However, it is not suitable if the property is a listed building or in a conservation area.
● Loft Insulation: Adds or upgrades insulation in the attic to retain heat within the habitable rooms in the property.
● Internal Wall Insulation: This work involves installing insulation and plasterboard on the inside walls of the property. This is a very effective way of insulating older properties that are constructed with solid brick or solid stone walls.
● Cavity Wall Insulation: Polystyrene beads are inserted within the cavity between the external and internal walls to reduce heat loss via the walls. Not all properties are suitable for cavity wall insulation and so a survey would need to be carried out to determine if your property was suitable.
● Gas Central Heating: If there are currently no radiators in your property and the property has an existing gas meter, then funding may be available to install a boiler and radiators to supply hot water and heat.
● Air Source Heat Pump: An ASHP harnesses heat from the external environment to provide hot water and central heating for your home. This can be a very effective way of heating a home, especially if used in conjunction with solar panels, which would provide free electricity to run the heat pump.
● Solar PV: Renewable technology that converts sunlight into electricity, to provide free electric for your home every day of the year.
● Room In Roof Insulation: Used to insulate a loft that has been converted into a habitable room.
Unlocking Energy Savings with ECO4 Energy Saving Grants
ECO4 funding is designed to address fuel poverty and help homeowners afford to heat their homes more efficiently. If you are currently leaving the heating turned off to save money, you could be affected by fuel poverty.
The scheme offers a wide selection of benefits, including:
● Financial savings
● Enhanced comfort
● Reduced carbon emissions and footprint
● Increased property value
● Support for vulnerable individuals
● Health benefits
● A wide selection of improvement options
● No or low upfront costs
● Government backing
Are You Eligible for ECO4 Energy Efficiency Grants in Wrexham?
You might be eligible if you receive any of these benefits:
Child Tax Credits
Working Tax Credit
Income-Related Employment & Support Allowance
Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
Child Benefits (depending on how much you earn)
Furthermore, there are two additional government schemes, the Great British Insulation Scheme (GBIS) and Local Authority Delivery (LAD), both focusing on enhancing the energy efficiency of properties with low Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) ratings.
Can Energy Improvements Really Make a Big Difference?
Adding energy-efficient features to your home, such as installing storage heaters, updating to a new boiler, or enhancing insulation, can greatly improve your comfort and decrease energy costs. Insulation, in particular, is highly effective in reducing heat loss through your roof, with a variety of options like cavity wall and loft insulation available to suit different types of homes.
Another option to consider is the installation of solar panels. Harnessing solar energy to power your home is efficient and works well even on overcast days. Moving towards solar power reduces your reliance on conventional energy sources and can provide economic advantages. If you generate surplus energy, you have the option to sell this excess back to the electricity grid, which could create an additional source of income.
How We Can Help You to Apply For Energy Efficient Grants in Wrexham
We offer a simple 3-step process:
Apply Online: Begin by completing our online form below for a preliminary assessment. Our dedicated grants team will review your submission to see if you qualify for any government funding.
Survey: Upon a successful application, we'll coordinate a no-cost, no-obligation survey. This ensures you benefit from the maximum grant possible and introduces you to the best energy-saving products tailored for your home.
Installation: Energy Saving Grants, only work with Trustmark accredited installers. This is your guarantee of quality no matter which energy-saving improvements you have fitted. All energy-saving measures installed via the Government grant scheme are supplied with an insurance-backed guarantee of up to 25 years, depending on the specific improvement carried out.
Helping Homeowners Throughout Wrexham With Cost Savings
We've assisted numerous satisfied homeowners in Wrexham, including those in Chirk, Coedpoeth, Gresford, and Rhosllanerchrugog, in obtaining funds for solar panels, central heating, and insulation. Please be aware that we cannot offer help to residents in social housing. If you reside in social housing, kindly reach out to your landlord for energy efficiency enhancements.
Start Your Journey to Lower Energy Expenses Now
Simply complete the Grant Checker below, and one of our grant advisors will contact you to explore the funding schemes you might be eligible for. Begin your journey to energy savings today!