Energy Efficiency Grants in Aberdeen City
If you're a homeowner or private tenant in Aberdeen City and heating costs are a concern, then there are government grants available for insulation and heating to be installed, that can help to keep your home warm and also help cut your energy bills.
Is fuel poverty a problem for you? You don't have to make the decision between heating or eating if you meet the criteria for energy saving grants in Aberdeen City.
How Do ECO4 Energy Saving Grants Work?
ECO4 is a program aimed at helping homes become more energy-efficient. It's backed by major energy companies who fund improvements in UK homes. They select partners, and then money is given directly to those who make the upgrades.
The program started on April 1, 2022, and will run until March 31, 2026, or until the funds run out. It mainly focuses on homes that need better energy efficiency, especially those rated D to G. Benefits of the program include insulation, modern heating systems, and renewable energy. Consider this chance to make your home warmer and more efficient.
Energy-Saving Improvements Available in Aberdeen City
Aberdeen City residents have access to a range of energy improvements, including:
● Electric Storage Heaters: High heat retention storage heaters utilise cheap off-peak electricity to charge overnight and the heaters then release the heat slowly throughout the day. Storage heaters can be a much more energy efficient and cost effective way of heating a property as opposed to electric convector heaters.
● External Wall Insulation – EWI involves installing insulation boards on the outside walls of the property and rendering over the top. EWI is a great way of insulating a solid wall property. However, it is not suitable if the property is a listed building or in a conservation area.
● Loft Insulation: Adds or upgrades insulation in the attic to retain heat within the habitable rooms in the property.
● Internal Wall Insulation: This work involves installing insulation and plasterboard on the inside walls of the property. This is a very effective way of insulating older properties that are constructed with solid brick or solid stone walls.
● Cavity Wall Insulation: Polystyrene beads are inserted within the cavity between the external and internal walls to reduce heat loss via the walls. Not all properties are suitable for cavity wall insulation and so a survey would need to be carried out to determine if your property was suitable.
● Gas Central Heating: If there are currently no radiators in your property and the property has an existing gas meter, then funding may be available to install a boiler and radiators to supply hot water and heat.
● Air Source Heat Pump: An ASHP harnesses heat from the external environment to provide hot water and central heating for your home. This can be a very effective way of heating a home, especially if used in conjunction with solar panels, which would provide free electricity to run the heat pump.
● Solar PV: Renewable technology that converts sunlight into electricity, to provide free electric for your home every day of the year.
● Room In Roof Insulation: Used to insulate a loft that has been converted into a habitable room.
Unlocking Energy Savings with ECO4 Energy Saving Grants
Funding has been established to tackle the issue of fuel poverty, ensuring homeowners can heat their homes without financial strain. If you find yourself turning off the heating to save on costs, you might be experiencing fuel poverty. The program boasts many advantages, such as:
● Financial savings
● Enhanced comfort
● Reduced carbon emissions and footprint
● Increased property value
● Support for vulnerable individuals
● Health benefits
● A wide selection of improvement options
● No or low upfront costs
● Government backing
Could You Benefit from Aberdeen City's ECO4 Energy Efficiency Grants?
If you're receiving any of the following benefits, you could qualify:
● Universal Credit
● Housing Benefit
● Child Tax Credits
● Working Tax Credit
● Pension Credit
● Income Support
● Income-Related Employment & Support Allowance
● Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
● Child Benefits (eligibility varies based on income)
In addition, the Great British Insulation Scheme (GBIS) and Local Authority Delivery (LAD) are two more government initiatives that aim to boost energy efficiency in homes with low Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) ratings.
We've supported many contented homeowners in Aberdeen City, spanning areas like Bridge of Don, Dyce, Cults, and Torry, in securing resources for solar panels, central heating, and insulation. It's essential to note that our services don't extend to individuals in social housing. If that's your current living situation, it's best to consult your landlord for energy efficiency initiatives.
What Difference Could Energy Improvements Make to My Home?
Improving your home's energy efficiency through installations like storage heaters, a new boiler, or insulation can significantly enhance your living comfort and lower your energy expenses. Insulation plays a crucial role in preventing heat loss through the roof. There's a range of insulation options available, including cavity wall and loft insulation, catering to various needs.
Consider the option of solar panel installation as well. Utilizing the sun's natural energy to power your home is effective, even on days with cloud cover. Adopting solar power not only lessens your dependence on traditional energy sources but also provides financial benefits. You have the opportunity to generate excess energy, which can be sold back to the electricity grid, potentially creating an extra source of income.
How We Can Help You to Apply For Energy Efficient Grants in Aberdeen City
We offer a simple 3-step process:
Apply Online: Start by filling out our online form below for an initial evaluation. Our expert grants team will go through your submission to check your eligibility for government subsidies.
Survey: If we give your application the green light, we'll arrange a free, no-commitment survey for you. This step ensures you tap into the fullest grant available and gets you acquainted with the finest energy-saving solutions suited to your property.
Installation: At Energy Saving Grants, our collaboration is exclusively with Trustmark-endorsed installers. This commitment stands as your seal of top-tier quality, regardless of the energy-saving upgrades you opt for. Every energy efficiency measure set up through the Government grant scheme is accompanied by an insurance-backed guarantee that can extend up to 25 years, contingent on the specific upgrade executed.
Embark on Your Path to Reduced Energy Bills Today
Simply fill in the Grant Checker below, and one of our grant specialists will touch base to discuss potential funding programs you could qualify for. Take the first step towards more energy-efficient living today!